<
" Welcome to Indo Pinoy"

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Top Model Grendel Alvarado Represents Philippines in Miss Asia Pacific-World Pageant

>
A nursing graduate, who won the local franchise of “America’s Next Top Model,” has vowed to promote Philippine fashion when she competes in the 2012 Miss Asia Pacific World beauty pageant at the posh Song Do Convensia in South Korea on June 16.

Grendel Alvarado, 27, said that she will actively promote Philippine fashion abroad, apart from the popular destinations here. “I want to bring the Philippine fashion to the world. It’s so interesting and I want to share it to them.”

Image Credit: missosology.info
She said that she will be wearing creations of her designer-friends in the competition.

Asked if she is pressured, Alvarado said: “No, I don’t feel pressured at all. If I let the pressure get in the way, I will gain nothing but fear and other emotional drawbacks. For me, it’s just an idea to keep me from hitting the mark. It’s really a big honor for me to be chosen as the country’s official candidate because I have never joined any international beauty pageant.”

No beauty contest was staged to choose this year’s representative to the pageant. Instead, she was appointed by project coordinator Egay Cubelo to represent the country in the international beauty contest. “I went to the final screening and was interviewed by a panel of MAWP local organizers. After several weeks, I was told by my agent that I got the part.”

More than 80 candidates will take part in the pageant that focuses on beauty and talent. “Aside from searching for the most beautiful woman in the world, we give huge emphasis on girl’s innate talents in dancing and singing. The major titleholder, along with the Top Seven finalists, will be given an international career not only in modeling but in showbiz as well.”

Alvarado, who won “Philippines Next Top Model” in 2007, said that she will dance during the competition which will also be held in China and Japan. A certified vegan, the model uses only natural and organic products on the body as her beauty regimen. She sees to it that she removes her make-up before going to sleep and drink at least eight glasses of water a day. “I only put make up when needed to. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables.”

source: mb.com.ph

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Some Major Sources
ABS-CBN News
Inquirer.net
Phil Star
Bida Kapamilya
IamJammed
Showbiznest