<
" Welcome to Indo Pinoy"

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cheesa Laureta is in the Philippines for “X Factor”

>
Filipino-American Cheesa Laureta is here in Manila for The X Factor Philippines which will premiere next Saturday, June 23, 2012.


Cheesa became popular in the U.S. and other parts of the globe, including the Philippines, when she joined the second season of NBC’s singing reality show, The Voice.

She appeared live last night in the ABS-CBN late night news Bandila where she was interviewed by Boy Abunda.

“I’m here for X Factor,” she told Boy when asked what it was that brought her home. “No details but I’m here for that show.”

She also talked about being popular at the same time with American Idol 11 runner-up Fil-Mexican Jessica Sanchez. Did she have any bad feelings that Pinoys seemed to support Jessica more?

“For me I’ve supported all types of talents throughout the years,” Cheesa explained, “and I support a lot of Filipino talents and Jessica’s one of them.”

She confessed to have been following Jessica since she was a little girl in America’s Got Talent and said that she was very proud of her.

“You know last year I was working as a front desk at a gym. I was nobody basically,” Cheesa told Boy. “So, for me to even be in the same light as Jessica and Charice and to be here today interviewing with you that’s a big blessing in itself. So there’s not really a “magtatampo” because I’m having this great opportunity.”
She also added that she’s thankful of the support she’s been receiving. “Whatever support I get is a blessing for me.”

Cheesa is also excited about the reported collaboration with Charice.

“She has written the song for me… I’m very excited to do it cuz I guess it’s her first time writing a song for somebody else rather than herself.”

And will we be hearing the said collaboration soon? “When I head back to L.A. we’re actually gonna hit up together and do the collaboration.”

source & image credit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Some Major Sources
ABS-CBN News
Inquirer.net
Phil Star
Bida Kapamilya
IamJammed
Showbiznest