Malacañang on Sunday said that June 11, a Monday sandwiched between two nonworking days, is likely to be a regular working day.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the Independence Day will be celebrated on June 12 even if it falls on Tuesday. "The celebration will remain.. We will celebrate as it falls so June 12, Tuesday," she said.
President Benigno Aquino III had signed Proclamation 295, listing June 12 as holiday in the country for the Independence Day celebration. Aquino denied following the holiday economics of the Arroyo administration moving holidays to the nearest Monday.
- June 12, Tuesday - Independence Day (regular holiday)
- August 21, Tuesday - Ninoy Aquino Day
- August 27, Monday - National Heroes Day (regular holiday)
- November 1, Thursday - All Saints Day (special non-working day)
- November 2, Friday - (Additional special non-working day)
- November 30, Friday - Bonifacio Day (regular holiday)
- December 25, Tuesday - Christmas Day (regular holiday)
- December 30, Sunday - Rizal Day (regular holiday)
- December 31, Monday - Last Day of the Year (special non-working day)
- August 18-21, 2012 (Eid-al-Fitr and Ninoy Aquino Day)
- August 25-27, 2012 (National Heroes Day)
- October 26-28, 2012 (Eid-al-Adha)
- November 1-4 (All Saints’ Day)
- November 30-Dec 2 (Bonifacio Day)
- December 29-Jan 1 (New Year)
Source & image Credit: Sun Star, DZMM and Manila Times& Everything in budget blog