<
" Welcome to Indo Pinoy"

Saturday, May 26, 2012

‘American Idol’ Winner Phillip Phillips Had Eight Operations During The Show!

>

Soon after Phillip Phillips was named the “American Idol” 2012, it was learned the winner would soon undergo kidney surgery.


The newly-crowned “American Idol” winner’s father revealed that his son will have to undergo surgery after the Wednesday, May 23 finale.

“He’s doing good right now, but it’s been a long hard struggle for him. I’m so proud of him. He just sucked it up and endured and he overcomes,” Phillip Phillips Sr. told reporters. His mother Sheryl Phillips added, “That’s our baby and we’re just so happy that he made it through.”

He went on: “He’s been doing [well], but it’s just grueling hours and it’s just amazing what he’s done through the journey. Eight operations since we started American Idol … He’s hitting 50 percent, but he’s still up there swinging away.”

Image Credit: http://pinoypundit.blogspot.com
Phillips Sr. said the kidney problem is quite topical problem for their family, as he also has kidney stone. “I’ve had them. Where we live at is like the kidney stone capital of the world. It’s in the water,” the singer’s father said.

Phillips mom admitted that watching her son performing weekly was not easy because she “could tell he’s been in pain the whole time.”

Phillips was rushed to ER early in the season for the kidney stones. “He’s had a surgery since he started American Idol already to get through. That’s why they put the stint in him [so they] could keep his kidney functioning good,” Phillips Sr. said.

“Physically he’s in good shape. He said it’s painful wearing the stint. That’s why you see him moving like an old man. He can’t move. I can’t wait until he has his surgery and he recovered and ya’ll see him 100%,” he added.
According to Radar Online, previously Phillip Jn. refused to get kidney surgery until he triumphed. “I’ve been sick this whole show,” Phillips told Kelly Ripa after calling into “Live! With Kelly” on Thursday morning. “I’m trying to get all my work done, to recover.”

“I’ll be having [surgery] here soon,” Phillips added. “I’m getting prepared for all that. I’m ready to feel better, feel like myself.”

Speaking to reporters, the singer added it was a difficult ride during the show – he was allowed to sit out the weekly Ford videos in order to rest – but he was helped by his team of physicians. “I’m going to get some surgery done, so I’m going to get all better for the tour,” he said.

“It was very tough [getting through the season]. I had great doctors and great people surrounding me [who] really helped out, so it’s just a blessing to be here.”

He also revealed that he even was thinking of dropping out of the show: “You know, I had some bad days and I had some pretty good days. It was rough at times, and there were a couple times I thought about just dropping out to get the surgery done but the doctors helped me out a lot.”

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Some Major Sources
ABS-CBN News
Inquirer.net
Phil Star
Bida Kapamilya
IamJammed
Showbiznest