<
" Welcome to Indo Pinoy"

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Clarisse Marie Obia Wins 2012 Miss Teen Universe 1st Runner Up (Philippines)

>
Our very own Clarisse Marie Obia almost won the Miss Teen Universe title on April 30 in Nicaragua.

19-year-old Clarisse Marie Obia, who hails from BiƱan, Laguna, vied against 13 other candidates from around the world for the Miss Teen Universe 2012 pageant and ended up as first runner-up to Sasha Nikyta Kam from Panama during the coronation night held at the Hall of the Ruben Dario National Theater in Managua, Nicaragua on April 30, 2012.

The 5’6″ tall Obia is a student from Lyceum of the Philippines. She was the only delegate from Asia in the new pageant dominated by Latin American teenagers.


“I’ll just show how much I love my country, and I’ll prove to them that it really is more fun in the Philippines. I’ll show them how hospitable Filipinos are, and that there are many great things about the Philippines, the places, the food, and us Filipinos ourselves,” she said at the time.

“I’m pressured and I’ve gone into extensive training, so hopefully, with the support of my family and my Bb. Unibersidad family, I can bring home a crown,” she added.

The Bb. Unibersidad organization hopes to follow up Obia’s success as it gears up to crown her successor.
The 2012 Bb. Unibersidad Pageant will see 35 university hopefuls vying to represent the Philippines in the next international Teen Universe competition.

The coronation night for the 2012 Bb. Unibersidad Pageant will be held on May 18 at the AFP Theater in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City.
 
Other finalists were Costa Rica, Canada, Margarita Island, and Brazil.

Candidates who did not place were from Dominican Republic, Ghana, Italy, Peru, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Colombia and Venezuela.
 
source & image credit: abs-cbnnews.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Some Major Sources
ABS-CBN News
Inquirer.net
Phil Star
Bida Kapamilya
IamJammed
Showbiznest