<
" Welcome to Indo Pinoy"

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Leighton Meester finds Pinoys genuine and nice! (Philippines)

>

American actress and "Gossip Girl" star Leighton Meester, who recently arrived in the country, has more than a few good words to say about her Filipino fans.

Meester, who is visiting to represent local clothing brand Penshoppe at the ongoing Philippine Fashion Week, said she is grateful to her Filipino fans who continue to surprise her with their support despite being "across the world." (CLICK HERE to watch her arrival in Manila)

Image Credit: http://pinoypundit.blogspot.com/
"It's mind-blowing, especially when you go somewhere across the world and you're like, 'What?' They're calling you by your name, or they now the different projects that you've done," she said in interview with ABS-CBN News Saturday.

The 26-year-old actress, who is best-known for her role as socialite Blair Waldorf in TV drama "Gossip Girl," shared she has a Filipina for a close friend growing up.

"My friend growing up was half-Filipino. Her mom was kind of strict," she said, musing, "I don't know, maybe that's a Filipino thing?"
Meester admitted she has much to learn still about the Philippines, being that it's her first visit to the country.
"I have so much to learn. You're not just a day ahead, but you're in a totally different world, it's just so different, and people are very much not aware of that, which I think is [why it is] really good to come over and experience that.

"I think the best thing is that people are really genuine and I really, really enjoy people, and I think here especially people are just nice, and humble and all-smiles, very welcoming," she said.

Jet-setting
Because of her experience so far in the Philippines, Meester said she intends to come back soon, but will be busy promoting her latest film projects -- adult-comedy movie "That's My Boy" co-starring actor Adam Sandler, and romantic-comedy "The Oranges."

"Hopefully I get to come back very, very soon, but right now, I'm just about to start promoting this movie that's coming out in June. That's just going to be a fun process, because it's such a funny movie and it's with Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg, and they're amazing comedians, it's like a family. Everyone is so great, and Adam is my hero. I love working with him," she said.

"I have a movie coming out in September which is called 'The Oranges,' which is funny but in a very different way, a dark comedy with Hugh Laurie. It's funny and also very touching, and a little darker," she added.
Aside from her busy schedule as an actress, Meester is set to go on tour in the United States, not to promote her film and TV projects, but as a singer.

"I'm working on music. Theres a little tour that I'm doing, just in the States on the West Coast, for a few days. Hopefully I'll be recording the rest of the album and somehow get it out in the next year," she said.
Meester, whose first single "Somebody to Love" was released in 2009, despite enjoying her success, said she always makes it a point to "get back to what's important."

"The thing about working on a show, or doing a movie, or having a character that you're playing, you kind of have to stick to that for the amount of time that you're doing it. In my case, I've been doing my show for almost six years and it's been a huge part of my life.

"When I do a movie, I'm in the character for the moment too which is great. But in my real life, I like to be relaxed and casual, and try to get back to what's important to me, which is my family, my friends, and peace."
Meester is the latest addition to the “All Stars” campaign of the clothing brand Penshoppe, which has so far recruited her "Gossip Girl" co-star Ed Westwick, Hollywood actor Zac Efron, Ian Somerhalder of “The Vampire Diaries," as well as Thai heartthrob Mario Maurer.

Meester will participate at the Philippine Fashion Week at the SMX Hall on Saturday for Penshoppe's runway show titled "Impact."

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Our Some Major Sources
ABS-CBN News
Inquirer.net
Phil Star
Bida Kapamilya
IamJammed
Showbiznest